Thursday, October 16, 2008

Politics in Parkville

Well friends, last night was a good night for politics in Parkville. The Bill Quitmeier fundraiser was held at the National and the last presidential debate was on television and radio. I'd like to hear from anyone who was at the Quitmeier event; who was there, what was said, what are your impressions? I think this is a tough race for an ethical and reasonable man. He's running against an opponent who refuses to debate due, I think, to her lack of knowledge of what the job entails and her fear that she will look bad in the presence of a man who knows the facts and who really wants to keep Platte County moving along without giving it up to the developers and their lawyers.

Quitmeier has repeatedly said this is Platte County, not Flat County. Your thoughts?

On the presidential debate I was forced to catch snippets from the radio as I drove back into town from Minneapolis (I travel way too much for my family-owned business). What I missed were the facial expressions and body language of the two candidates. Once I got home I tried to watch the rerun at midnight, but sleep beckoned and I missed it. Again, I'd like to hear what you folks thought. This morning the commentators seemed to be in agreement that Obama, again, won the debate and seems to be steaming on. Comments, please.

2 comments:

My Parkville MO said...

It was a good turnout with several prominent citizens entertaining while guests were served a variety of unique and tasty hors d'oeuvres . Longtime friends and colleagues spoke about Bill. Speakers included Barbara Lance, Gary Smith to Parkville's very own prince Bill Grigsby . Bill's longtime law partner Carrie Martsching talked about Bill's love for his family.The gracious host Mr. Jim Warren told of his history and support of the candidate and thanked all for coming.

Linda

JFK said...

I, too, was at the Quitmeier fund raiser. In addition I have, just today, convinced two more Platte Countians to vote for Bill! Also, my mother who lives in Country Wood and who has been a life-long Rebublican, is not only voting for Bill, but allowed Jim McCall and I to put a large (8' x 4') sign for Bill on the back of her property on Highway 45.

I wish Bill and his opponent would debate. I'm not sure why his opponent refuses, but I think it would make for a great show. Maybe her campaign manager, the editor of the local birdcage liner, can convince her to take the plunge.

==JFK==